Sunday 16 August 2015

Let's Demo!: Stick Em Up 2

Hiya guys!

Yesterday I was thinking about how I really wanted to start doing some Let's Plays, but I'm too poor to afford any of the equipment designed to capture platform gaming. (Shoutout to all those fabulous YouTube channels that can afford it though!) Then I figured, well it's free to screen record on MacBooks isn't it?
That solved problem 1: How to record.
It still left problem 2 though: What was I going to record? The games I love are all long haul games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Knights of the Old Republic. Basically long RPG style games that don't offer too much for gaming commentary.
Solution? Steam Demos!

So I downloaded a whole whack load of steam demos for free on the Steam store, captured them via Quicktime and voila, the poor girls way to do Let's Plays.


For my first video I decided on a fun little platformer called Stick Em Up 2. The demo is insanely short, as you will see, but that means that the download time is short as well. You can be playing this demo within 15 minutes.



Fun Factor: This game is about as fun to play as most other platformers. I couldn't get too much of a feel for the stylistics of the game, or the story (if any) but if you're looking to waste some time running across rooftops and shooting SMGs and Bazookas, then this is the game for you. Controls were easy to use, even for someone too lazy to find their wireless mouse and thus using a trackpad (like me). The shooting commands were responsive, and while the jumping didn't go nearly as high or as fast as I wanted, it was pretty good.
Price: 3.29$
Availability: All Platforms
Extras: Co-op (Local and Lan) for 4 players. Full controller support. Awesome Soundtrack.
Worth it?: I think this game is worth it, if you're into platformers.

There you have it guys, my Let's Play demo of Stick Em Up 2! I hope this helped you decide whether or not you wanted to buy this game.

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment